The General Ledger report shows all transactions from all accounts for a chosen date range. The initial summary report shows the totals for each account and from here you can view a detailed transaction report or any exceptions. This report is useful for checking every transaction that occurred during a certain period of time.
This report can created in three different sections they are Current, Previous and Custom. In current, report can be created by using Today, Current Month, Current Year, Current Quarter and Previous, report can be created by using Yesterday, Previous month, Previous Year, Previous Quarter. Using Custom create the report for a specific dates, a month or even a year
Steps to create the report
- Go to reports
- Click on General Ledger mentioned in finance report
- Click on date range choose from the dropdown menu
- Select cash or accrual in accounting field
- Click on generate Report to generate report
- Click on open to open as PDF.
- You can download by pressing on download icon
- You can edit the headers to your need
- See screenshot attached general ledger report with data